Monday, January 6, 2014

Questions about my Art



1. What is your art style?

My "style" is mainly black and white, highly detailed, with dashes of color. Fans of my work say they enjoy how I express myself through my artwork and how lifelike it is, as well as, the personality of my subjects.


2. What kind of pencils, tools, paper, do you use?

I work with Derwent pencils in variety of shades. I sometimes have use only one pencil creating something. I also love watercolor pencils, woodless pencils, and recently a nice Dick Blick pencil set I received as a gift. Blender tools are a must as is eraser pencils. I also use to work with some pastel and sometimes use acrylic paint. I either use Bristol Smooth Paper, or Bristol Vellum Paper.

3. What size do you work most in?

I mostly work in sizes that are suitable for matting and framing. Mostly 9x12-11x14. I will tell a client that I prefer at least a 9x12 for 2 subjects.

4. Do you draw any other subjects than birds and nature?

Yes, I do. Years ago, I began to draw people, including celebrities, pets. I still do. Most commissions are of family members, as well as fur children. I have quite an eclectic variety and have been told that. :) I'll even draw a lizard. (if asked. that would be a 1st)


No comments:

Post a Comment