Friday, January 24, 2014

Macaws and Other Parrots

Finishing up some misc. drawing from last year. I've never attempted a parrot before and began a Macaw. Weirdly, when I was younger I never cared too much for birds as pets, just all that flapping and yapping. I would always hear birds yapping in the background on a telephone call or answering machine. Don't get me wrong, they were pretty to look at, but made me cringe. Funny how you change your outlook as you get older. I see my friend's birds differently, but I can't socialize with the birds either, she has all that. :)

Macaws are the largest of parrots. There are 16 different species of Macaws. Size range from a little over 3 ft to one foot. They are very social and intelligent. They are found in rain forests. Central and South America.



No comments:

Post a Comment